Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Urgent news

I jumped in the shower. ahhhhh. Van hates showers so I know I should have 10-15 minutes of peace and quiet. But not long after I get in, I hear a banging on the door. The door isn't locked but it's the one door in the house Van has a hard time opening. I try to pretend I don't hear it. Maybe Andy will come down and get him. But he doesn't. Van bangs on the door every 15-30 seconds that I am in the shower. Finally I turn off the water and Van yells, "Hey mom, can you let me in for a second?"

"Sure" I say.
I wonder what he has been needing to tell me so desperately for the last 10 minutes and I turn the knob for him.

He bursts in and says, "I just heard not-Van poking holes in the box."
(we have packing boxes everywhere and Van has had a problem with poking holes in them with pens or pencils or chopsticks.)

Me: "you did?"

Van: "Yeah, it wasn't me, or mo man, or daddy. It was someone who doesn't live in this house. Someone sneaky."

"Alright. well thanks for telling me."

Beware: sneaky cardboard box vandal on the loose.




No comments:

Post a Comment