Saturday, August 3, 2013

Mind games

Me: "Ok, we need to go to the store, get gas, and then we can visit grandma. We should get her a present too while we're at the store. It sounds like her shoulder is hurting her"

Van: "And we'll bring her a present and that will make her feel better?"

Me: "Yeah"


(I call grandma and tell her the plan.)


Van: "Did you tell her we're bringing her a present?"

Me: "Nope. That's a surprise."

Van: "I don't want you to tell me that we're bringing grandma a present."

Me: "You mean you don't want me to tell grandma that we're bringing her a present?"

Van: "No. I don't want you to tell me that we're bringing grandma a present."

Me: "Ok"

Van: "So mom, are we bringing grandma a present?"

Me: "No."

Van: "But are we bringing grandma a present?"

Me: "I'm sorry I can't give you any information on that subject."

Van: "Huff. Ok, I think you can tell me that we're bringing grandma a present."

Me: "Ok"

Van: "So mom, do you have anything to tell me?

Me: "Yes. I think there's a dinosaur in the car!"

Van: "But it's not a real dinosaur… hey! you were supposed to tell me that we are bringing grandma a present"

Me: "Ooooooh:

Van: "So mom, do you have anything to tell me?"

Me: "Hey, I think we should bring grandma a present!"

Van: "Yeah!"


We brought her some fresh strawberries and fancy cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment