Monday, March 14, 2016

Van can read

Interesting development as I was writing the last few blog posts. Van was watching me and he can't read fast enough to keep up with what I'm typing but he definitely recognizes his name. And the more he sees his name the more he wants to know what I'm saying about him.
It is interesting because I feel like I held back some teasing things I wanted to say (like how he was obviously cheating while 'teaching' his sister Chess or 'Chest').

It has been so fun to record their childhood in this blog, mostly because I love to look back and read it. But I am sure at some point they really won't appreciate me writing about them. Van is already starting to be very sensitive hearing me talk about things that happened to him earlier, if they were embarrassing or scary, I am sure he will not want them written here. So maybe I won't be able to do this forever, or maybe it will just need to be more detached, less commentary. He still loves seeing pictures of himself and he wants the number of pictures of him and Esther to be (at least) equal.
We will see as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment