Tuesday, May 13, 2014

2014 Drafts

I have several 'Drafts' on my blog list, ideas or fragments I've captured but never published. I decided to compile them all so I could delete the drafts.
I have so many, I had to categorize them by year.

These are the 2014 ones, in no particular order.


"I can't sleep. My brain is keeping me awake. It keeps snoring."
- Van

***

Esther is sitting on the edge of the window seat now trying to put on a pair of pants. It is the cutest thing ever. She sits down, gets to the edge and lets her little feet dangle then puts the pants to them. Or pulls a shirt up to her head in an effort to get it on. so cute.

She continues to be the most delightful thing in the universe.

***

"I don't need a kiss. The kisses are too slimy for me."
 - Van

***

Van walks in pushing a shopping cart containing his jammies and books, I had sent him out a few minutes ago to do his before bed jobs which include: going poddy, brushing teeth, getting jammies on, and picking out story time books.

Van: "Hello, what's your name?"
Me: "My name is Vanessa, what's your name?"
Van: "Ank."
Me: "Your name is Ank?"
Van: "yeah.
Van: " Yes, I work with Uncle Andy, I work where he works. We work together."
Me: "Oh, what do you do?'
Van: "Well I go in the secret passageway to his work."
Me: "But what's your job there?"
Van: "Well sometimes I sleep at work. The man doesn't let me sleep at work all the time."
Me: "Just some of the time?"
Van: "yeah"

***

Me: "Van let's go on an adventure!"
Van: "I have an idea for an adventure, but we're going to need a gun."
Me: Funny look
Van: There are a lot of dangerous moose and bears out there."

***

Van now has 3 dog alter-egos: 'pickle', 'follower' and 'french fry'.

French fry is his favorite right now, it is who he normally pretends to be, but the others will usually be somewhere in the room.
Pickle seems to have all the skills, at dinner today we learned

"Pickle eats everything, even pepperoni!" (Van personally does not like pepperoni)

and

"Pickle learned how to kill a moose. You know, to eat for food."

Follower only has the distinction of being a dog that follows you around.

***

Me: "Oh no! Van what happened to your knee?" (he had some scratches)
Van: "It's ok, it's just from 'Oscar 1 2 3'"
Me: "Oscar 1 2 3?"
Van: "You know, that place we went with the water and the pirate ship."
Me: "Ooooh, H 2 Oasis"
Van: "Yeah, that one."

Andy said he called it 'Oscar's Oasis' the other day, which is the name of a show he likes to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment